Primal Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
Okay- here it is. The last primal cookie recipe you will ever need! (Well, not the last one I will ever post, but my current go-to when I am craving something warm, gooey and delicious). Easy, simple and oh so good.
What you'll need-
Nearly every ingredient in my high fat, high protein, low carb chocolate chunk cookie is normally found in my pantry, just in case I am craving a late night baking session and a warm indulgence. (Now, if you know for a fact that you have a bad chocolate addiction, then best to think twice about keeping velvety dark chocolate chunks within reach in your kitchen). So, with that said; here is what you will need in order to make about 20 cookies:
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Protein Powder (I use vanilla, but feel free to mix it up with whatever flavor you're feeling... Strawberry might be weird).
- 1/2 cup Butter or Ghee
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Sweetener* (My favorite option is 3/8 cup coconut sugar, 3/8 cup raw stevia) *Keep in mind that your choice in sweetener will determine whether your cookies yield 1-3 grams of net carbs/cookie or if they are entering into that normal 5-15g range... So, choose wisely!!
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs from free range organic chickens
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda or Arrow Root powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate chips (75% cacao or above), feel free to substitute with cacao nibs
- 4 Big shakes of Love (it's the spice of life ;) )
Okie-dokie, now that your counter is full of delightfully, fat and protein-filled ingredients lets get to work.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together softened butter, oil and sweetener, add in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in baking soda and salt. Fold in almond flour, coconut flour and protein powder one at a time, making sure to mix each new addition thoroughly before adding in your chocolate chunks. Douse dough mix with lots of Love.
- Don't eat all of the dough!! ;)
- Form dough into ~tablespoon size balls and place on parchment paper. Flatten the center of the balls a bit with the back of a spoon or a clean thumb.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies look good enough to eat!
Hope you enjoy this delicious, nutritious, easy way to add a high fat/protein snack to your day. If followed correctly you will not have any worries or woes about munching on a few of your warm cookies; for as much fat as they contain, their lack of sugar or any nominal amount of net carb will keep insulin levels low allowing for minimal storage and instead, permitting free fatty acids to be used up by the properly trained body. For more information on how to properly train your body to effortlessly burn fat (including your own endless fat stores) check out my blog "Why You should go Primal" or reach out to me for some advice. A customized nutrition plan might be just what you need to push through your plateau. Enjoy!